No pictures in today's post because I left my computer up at studio so I'm using the computer in our apartment. Maybe it will be entertaining without though. :)
Today we met at 9 at San Francisco a Ripa for drawing. Amy and I only lasted about an hour until we had enough and decided to run some errands. Amy bought some cold medicine in a farmacia, and I asked about getting prescriptions filled, which led us to the Ospedale Nuovo Regina Margherita. If the hospital thing doesn't work it, it could definitely be used as a maze. It was ridiculous, even without the language barrier! There were paper signs that told you which direction to go, if they decided to post any at all. We had to ask about four people, none of whom spoke Italian, before we finally found the pharmacy which isn't even open to the public. It was an experience!
We had Italian at 12:30, and then all of us met with our groups until four when we had a lecture.
I've been really proud of myself this week: I've only spent like five euro a day, if that. Today I bought a suppli, or fried rice ball for ,80 euro and then a cannoli that was AMAZING for ,80 euro. That's 80 euro cents each, which means I only spent 1,60 euro today! I ate breakfast, a sandwich, Pringles, and cookies for lunch, and then made pasta and garlic bread for dinner. So I AM eating, MOM! :)
Pretty good day; I'm just looking forward to the weekend. We have our project due on Monday, but I think we're gonna take Saturday off and just have fun around Rome since we haven't really had the free time to do that yet.
Goals for Saturday:
Ride rented bikes down the Appian Way
Visit the catacombs off of the Appian Way
Eat at a Mexican restaurant that I found online
Sounds like a good day to me. :)
I'm working on a map and series of picture showing my walk to studio so be looking for that the next couple days; I know you're excited. ;)
#1-I am SO proud of you that you found a mexican restaurant in Italy!!! You make me so proud! ...such a true Owens! :) I've had it 3 times this week already...uh huh! and #2-you're actually doing work while you're there?? girl pleazzeee ;)
ReplyDeletelove you!
aww... i miss you sister!
ReplyDeleteyoure in italy and eating mexican? nice one katie.. nice. btw youre the only one i miss.. not amy just you :) haha
ReplyDeletelol yay!!!
ReplyDelete