22.7.12

Flowers, Whiskey, + a Little New York City

Ambience: Mr. Monk Goes to Mexico


For Mother's Day, I got my mom a Jack Daniels whiskey barrel planter from Home Depot (great reuse of a preconsumer recycled product!) and some vegetables for her garden.  I got the idea from a friend at work, and thought it was such a good idea, I got myself one as well!  I really wanted to get some naturally mosquito repellent plants that I found on Pinterest, but couldn't find any besides Marigolds at Home Depot.  Who knew they were mosquito repellent?  [Here's the website with the other mosquito repellent plants]

Anyway, my mom ended up helping me choose and arrange the rest of the plants, which I think ended up looking very nice!  I can't remember all of the names, but the ones I know are Blush Pink Nandina, Marigold, Cockscomb, and Sweet Potato Vine.  Such a great addition to our barren courtyard!


My mom also got some Xenia just as a little summery addition!  She's so awesome.  Did I mention she did all of this while I laid around, groggy because I had just gotten my wisdom teeth taken out?  :)


Other exciting weekend additions are a new laundry basket (above) from Let's Get Organized in downtown Homewood and a Frommer's Day by Day book for New York City.



Did I mention we're going to New York City!?  Next month for our 3 YEAR anniversary!  Yep, that's right.. 3 Y-E-A-R-S!  Of course I've already begun planning our schedule while we're there.

Highlights so far: the World Trade Center site, the Statue of Liberty, Fifth Avenue, the Empire State Building, and the High Line.. can you tell I'm an architect (intern)?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment